I recently read a post from a friend on her blog about 10 honest things about herself. I decided to do the same. Just 10 random, truthful things about myself. :)
1. Writing things out always makes me feel so much better about the thing I can't say. Sometimes it might be too personal, but it really does make me feel better. I used to write myspace blogs all the time about the feelings and such. I kept them so only my really close friends could read them and it was a good outlet for me to just write.
2. I will sing anywhere, anytime, but never in the shower. XD
3. I believe that everything happens for a reason. You might not understand the reasons why in short term, but in the long run, they usually lead to bigger and better things.
4. I also believe that if it's meant to be it will happen. You might have to wait awhile, you might even get hurt, but I totally believe that it will all work out in the end. Of course, you might have to take charge and make it happen, but sometimes that's what it takes to make it reality.
5. I've never had a brother, but I feel as if my Lodi guy friends are like my brothers. I can make fun of them, laugh with them, and pretty much do nothing and still be entertained. I talk about them a lot, and some people might mistake my talking about them so much as a crush, but the reality is, I feel like they are part of my family. I don't know what I would do without them. :)
6. I only have a few really close girl friends. But I would do anything for them. I hate being so spread out from all of them, but I try to keep in contact as much as possible. The future holds so much for all of us. Life is changing for us at rapid speed, and I can't wait to see what we will be like in 10 years. We can go without ages seeing each other, but the minute we get together, it's like time hasn't passed. Seeing us mature and live life is exciting. I hope to have them in my life always.
7. Lyrics make or break a song for me. I pay attention to them a lot. I think it's because there are just some that I can instantly relate to because I know the feeling. My current favorite songs tend to change with the feelings that I'm feeling and the lyrics that relate to them.
8. I constantly wonder about the future. But at the same time, when someone asks where I see myself in 10 years, I have no clue what to say.
9. I never felt as intellectual as many of my family and friends. All of our family friends and my close friends all went to school for things like science and engineering with top honors in school. I was more the girl who sucked at math but loved to be creative or learning foreign languages. Growing up like that I felt pressured by myself, even though my parents knew I wasn't going to be the next doctor. XD They didn't expect me to, but still, I felt like I wasn't as smart as my friends or family and disappointing the people who would buzz about me for going to a community college. Even though I was happy with my choice, I still felt like I was disappointing people. Thankfully I'm where I want to be now, and it might not lead me to finding a cure for cancer, or creating the latest invention to change mankind, but I am happy doing something that I know I will always be in love with.
10. I never really used to think of myself as pretty. I grew up with crazy blown up hair, glasses, and bad acne. Now, 8 years later, I have grown to love my full hair, have a cute pair of glasses, and have been getting my skin under much better control. Low self-esteem was my enemy back when I was in grade school, but in the past 3 years, I have grown to appreciate and love the way I am. :)