Subscribe to RSS feed

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 10

Day 10- A story about a past relationship

This is one of the ones that I am not quite sure what to talk about.  I can say that there have been 5 important relationships in my life.  They each had lessons that taught me about how I view love and how it has made me the way that I am about relationships.  The first love, the first "oh I'm in college now, things will be different from high school,"the first long-term, the first "dump you for a friend" guy, and the finding out about myself lesson.  So which one should I talk about?

Hmm.  Well when I started college, I briefly dated someone.  We really hadn't talked much before we started dating.  We just hung out a few times and then randomly we decided to start dating.  I thought, "oh I'm in college now, things will be different than high school."  Turns out, it wasn't.  It was pretty much like a high school relationship plus the fact that I could drive.  hahaha.  It was as awkward relationship and we just didn't have the chemistry.  It was very short lived, and it made me realize that just because I was in college now, didn't meant that people automatically just change and mature.  It was a reality check that freshman me needed and it taught me that growing up meant changing how I viewed realtionships.  And I did change.  I had a good relationship following that one and have learned even more about myself since.

0 comments: